Sunday, October 5, 2014

AN EXPERIENCE I WILL NEVER FORGET

TRANSFER 5 - WEEK 4

"God knows each and every single one of us."

The baptism of Luo2 Jie3 Mei4 "The best part of the week."

HELLO!

This week was a wild one for sure. Time is short because Elder Nelson and I are off to Taipei for training meetings. We found out he will also be training too so we will both be having a baby! Haha We are in meetings all today and then we get to take a new missionary on the street tonight for their first missionary experience. Tomorrow I will be taking my new companion back to Zhong1 Li4. Elder Nelson will be training somewhere else. 

This week was cool because we had an outdoor zone conference. Our zone went to Taipei and hiked Yang2 Ming2 Shan1. It was really cool. We had mini trainings on the way up and the views were gorgeous. Mom you are going to love me this week because I have lots of pictures!



On our way up!




Elder Nelson is a great comp!  I will miss him for sure.


We also had a really great English class this week. We planned a really cool spiritual share. We had everyone bring a family picture and introduce their family and answer the question "why their family makes them happy?" It was really cool seeing them talk about something very precious. Then we shared the same and taught a little about God's plan for Eternal Families and more specifically that through temple ordinances we can be with our Family FOREVER. We showed them a really cool temple video. The spirit was so strong. Everyone was so touched. We set up two new investigators - one for the sisters and one for us and another student wants to meet with us now. English class is such a great tool to share the gospel. When we use it right and effectively, Heavenly Father will bless us. 

We also saw a lot of progress with our investigator Joy. She has been able to improve a little bit and not drink as much tea, but most importantly she is really gaining a testimony of the power of prayer and the Book of Mormon. Pray for her! Also, we had to stop meeting with Betty. She just wasn't progressing. So sad. We also got a referral. A guy from Canada that is really cool. His name is John and he came to church. I translated for him in Priesthood meeting. He really liked church! He's busy but wants to meet with us!  Also, we met a couple English contacting that came to church. Zhang1 Jie3 Mei4 and Yang2 Di4 Xiong1. They liked church too so we are excited to work with them. 

This week I got a little bit sick just with a cold so the weekend has been a little bit harder, but it's OK because I'm starting to feel better. At church yesterday (the other ward because we took a less active to the other ward) I sat next to their RC Ye4 Di4 Xiong1. A 16 year old kid that was baptized a few months ago but doesn't come to church very much. But he came and I sat by him. I felt like I should encourage him to go share his testimony. He said he doesn't have enough faith. I shared with him Moroni 7:33 and promised him that he will have a very spiritual experience. [And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me.]  I told him of my little brothers who are 16 and 12 and sometimes share their testimony too. I actually invited him to go and do it.  He finally just knew he needed to do it. He just went up and shared an AWESOME testimony!  He brought tears to my eyes. When he sat back down I put my arm around him and he said "thank you that was awesome." It was really cool! 

The best part of the week was Luo2 Jie3 Mei4. The sisters wanted us to finish the lessons with her so we have been teaching her and she passed her other baptismal interview. Luo2 Jie3 Mei4 told me she wanted me to baptize her! So it was my first in water baptism experience. The water was soooo warm. Ahh so nice :) It was such a cool feeling. The experience reminded me of temple baptisms and my own baptism 11 years ago.  It was a really special experience.  After she was baptized she said, "Tian1Fu4 lai2le!!." (Heavenly Father and His spirit are here with us.) It was really, really special. One I will never forget. 

Luo2 Jie3 Mei4's baptism
This work is incredible. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. This Church is true. God knows each and every single one of us.  So pumped to start training tomorrow! Wish me luck!!! Love you all.  

Elder Willes and Elder Nelson pictured with Chen2 Nai3 Nai3 the person in their ward who has been a member of the Church the longest.  She is blind and one of the sweetest ladies ever!
Elder Willes on the phone scheduling appointments


Love, Elder Willes

-Jake always asks William about the food there which inspires his food pictures.  No food pictures this week but William told Jake this week, "...Fish. They have lots of fish here! I had a new fish this week called the milk fish :) Look up pictures! Also we eat tuna and shrimp a lot (with the legs included) :)  Most places just have a fried fish you can eat. It is just a big, dead fish with the head and everything." :)  We love and miss William but want him just where he is...on the little island of Taiwan...eating fish!  Marianne

We went bowling for p-day last week.  I was so rusty but we had so much fun.

No comments: