Thursday, May 28, 2015

THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND THE BOOK IS BLUE

TRANSFER 11 - WEEK 1


"In the middle of the lesson I felt impressed to just stop and sing a song."

These people are from Poland
Elder Willes, Elder Stewart and Elder Greenhalgh (I am taking his spot)

Hello!

Well this week has been quite the roller coaster. I don't know really where to begin. Our schedule is a lot different now and we are in an office a lot. It hasn't been the easiest adjustment and I'm SO tired here but I will just keep pushing on! I woke up with a fever this morning but I should be just fine.

On my birthday Sister Day made for me macaroni and cheese and chicken. It was a great birthday. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes :) Means a lot to me! 

The area I am serving in is pretty cool. We have some great investigators. Bob, one of our investigators is having his baptismal interview tonight and should be getting baptized this weekend so that is super exciting! 

We had an interesting experience with Chen2 JM, a less active we are working with. As we met with her she expressed her desire to move to America because she feels like the church structure is better there than here in Taiwan. In the middle of the lesson I felt impressed to just stop and sing a song :) So we sang "Israel, Israel God is Calling" and talked about how Zion is everywhere and how we all need to build up God's kingdom wherever we are - here in Taiwan and that is what the Lord wanted her to do! It was really spiritual! She came to church for all 3 hours. Super exciting. 

Another cool thing that happened this week is we got to go to the airport and pick up the new missionaries. There were 12 of them. I loved welcoming them. I can remember first getting on island. Crazy!

Waiting at the airport for the new missionaries to get in!

Here are the new missionaries.  It is 11:00 p.m. and everyone is eating McDonald's.

This week we have had all sorts of trainings. Trainings for new district leaders, new trainers, trainer and trainee follow up meetings, etc. So we spend a lot of time making all that happen, helping any missionary companionships that need our help, making sure all the trainings and things are ready to go. It's really hard to explain all of the things we do in here. It's really busy but it's a different kind of busy if that makes any sense? 

I should be picking up my driver's license tomorrow so pray for me because I haven't driven a car in almost a year and a half!  It should be interesting.



I am still trying to adapt to life here in the office. Things are all unfamiliar.  Elder Stewart is doing a great job of training me. We are from the same generation and were travel companions on the way to Taiwan so that's super cool. He's from Seattle, Washington. We get along great. 

This week I'm just going to find ways to serve and love all of these missionaries. Mosiah 2:16-17. Sorry I know this email was super all over the place, but all in all I'm doing great :) Loving the work here. We are having zone conferences in a few weeks and for that we will be heading around all of Taiwan. 

The church is true and the book is blue! Elder Bennion and Elder Marchant bore awesome testimonies before they went home. Those are two missionaries I really look up to! 

Elder Bennion at the SLC airport after a long flight home

Elder Marchant




Hope everyone has a great week! Love you all!

Elder Willes


No comments: