Tuesday, July 21, 2015

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

"Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, 
and you shall have peace in me."  
Doctrine and Covenants 19:23


Well, another one bites the dust. Another week in the books.  The weeks are just flying by right now! 





Church last Sunday was really cool. We are finally starting to get better relationships with the members of our ward. We have been meeting with 4-5 members a week and really just stretching out to serve and love and get to know them. It is helping and has been awesome! During Sunday School the teacher talked about how when we as humans create things or find hidden treasures we don't like to share with others. We tend to put ourselves ahead of others. But God created all things, the Earth, the sun, the sky, and even us. All for us. He has already given us so much because He loves us. I really liked that little analogy. 

This week has been a crazy busy week. President has started doing interviews throughout the mission and while he does interviews we've been doing a training on how to get more member referrals. We've already seen some great results from missionaries getting more member referrals.  Elder Stewart and i received 4 referrals this week and that was HUGE! 

After one of the days of training in Xin1 Zhu2 we drove President to Zhong1 Li4 to do a second baptismal interview for an investigator. And that night was English class. Both Xin1 Zhu2 and Zhong1 Li4 are special places for me having served in both of these areas.  I was able to have a happy reunion at English class in Zhong1 Li4 with some awesome people. Ahh it was so nice. The people here mean so much to me.  I love to see them happy and progressing. Sean, the LA we found on the side of the road, we taught him and loved him and he came back to church. He is doing great and working 6 days a week now. He's pretty much engaged and plans on getting married in the Portland, Oregon, Temple early next year! I told him I would be there. Also, our Ward Mission Leader Wu2 Zhao4 Wei2 was there and he brought me my favorite chicken ji1 pai2 and lemon drink. Super nice of him. I saw the Liu2 family.  Their son is serving a mission in California. Also, I got to see my RC Lai4 Ma Ma! She was so excited. She asked if I could give her a hug. I told her no but that next year I could! It was so good to see her. All this stuff probably sounds weird reading it, but for me it meant the world to reunite with my brothers and sisters. It was such a happy night! Alma 17:2-3. So so cool! I will forever be grateful to God for allowing me to meet such wonderful people and be His tool in blessing people's lives. 

Elder Willes with his previous Ward Mission Leader Wu2 Zhao4 Wei2 (notice the chicken and lemon drink).  

Elder Willes and President Jergensen with William's recent convert Lai4 Ma Ma


Liu2 Family with Elder Willes



Our LA Sun1 JM is doing great! Coming to church ever single week now! We set a goal with her to take her to the temple in September so that should be really exciting. She has a desire and the Gospel is bringing a light back into her life that was lost for over 10 years. She's gonna make it! 

One time we were waiting for a lesson in the chapel.  We had 5 minutes and I thought that maybe we could go find for those few minutes. In that 5 minutes we brought in a couple who had interest in checking out our chapel and the sisters gave them a tour. We also met a potential family that lives in Ban3Qiao2! So make every minute count is the lesson I learned right there!

Lastly, our investigator Wang2 JM was still sorta struggling at the beginning of this week with her testimony of Joseph Smith and the Restoration.  In my studies this week, I read D&C 18:2-4.  I know the spirit has told Wang2 JM multiple times that these men were and are called of God. She told us when we met with her yesterday that when she prayed about it she heard the voice of the spirit that told her it was all true! CHAHOOO!!!  In our lesson I shared that scripture with her and we went out in the chapel hall and showed her the picture of the 12 apostles with Jesus, the 12 apostles right now and a picture of President Monson and Joseph Smith. As I testified to her that these men have all given their lives to help bring people to Christ and how they are called of God I had a realization. This whole week I've been pondering what does a prophet mean to me? Why are they so crucial and important? It clicked in that moment --- we follow these men because they are the most Christlike examples. We follow them because they follow God and lead us to God and Jesus Christ. As we asked her for like the 10th time if she believed these men are God's spokesperson and prophet on the Earth she paused and looked down. And then said Xiang1 Xin4. Believe!  It was incredible! Elder Stewart and I were so excited. The spirit is the real teacher. She is so filled with real intent that the Lord through the Spirit in HIs own time manifested the truth unto her. Her baptismal interview is tonight and her baptism should be next Saturday night! Super super exciting!

Scripture of the week D&C 19:23 "Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me." When we strive from Sunrise and Sunset to become more Like Christ He will change and help us! The church is true! Love you all. Thanks for the prayers. The thumb is like 100% now. I even played basketball this morning. Life is good. My companion Elder Stewart is a boss and I love him!

Elder Willes

Last P-Day was such a blast. Elder Stewart and I went to an amusement park called Liu2 Fu Village. Such a blast. It was nice to have a break and get on some roller coasters. 


































No comments: