Sunday, July 12, 2015

A PYTHON ON P-DAY

"So outside the temple on this tiny patch of grass lawn, we sat in a circle and taught her the Restoration. The spirit was super strong. President Jergensen is a boss! Then we invited her to pray and she was hesitant. But after about 30 seconds of silence she was willing! She said an AWESOME prayer."




Thought I had maybe broken my thumb...it's just sprained

Wow this week flew by and it's only been 5 days but SO much has happened. On Monday we took some time for p-day and went to Dan4Shui3, which is Uncle Dan's favorite area! We ate big ice cream cones and went shopping. That was tons of fun! I even held a python snake. Literally the scariest thing of my life haha especially when it was crawling up and licking my arm. 
























While in Dan4Shui3 we also had some really cool missionary experiences. 

We passed this store and I felt like we should go back. We went back and I just wasn't sure why. Well the owner turns out to be a member! He was baptized about 15 years ago but became less active. He did say he was willing to meet with missionaries again so we took his number and referred him to the Dan4 Shui3 Elders. So that was really cool! We also met a couple, who were not members, that has a grandson on a mission in Hong Kong and we were able to talk to them a little bit about the Church. 

On Monday night we planned to meet with our less active member, Sun1 JM, and re-teach the Restoration to her. Our member Pei2 Ke4 (bailed out last minute) so we called President Jergensen and asked if he could help us teach her. He could! So outside the temple on this tiny patch of grass lawn, we sat in a circle and taught her the Restoration. The spirit was super strong. President Jergensen is a boss! Then we invited her to pray and she was hesitant. But after like 30 seconds of silence she was willing! She said an AWESOME prayer. Overall such a cool lesson.

This week has been filled with meet-n-greets. We have been accompanying the Jergensens to all the Zones to meet everyone and introduce their family. That's been really fun. We even went to the beautiful East Coast for a day. 

The drive to Hualian (the East Coast) is long but it is so pretty and so different from the city.  Lots of these pictures are taken from the car, or from an overlook, on our way. We went for the meet-n-greet there with President Jergensen and his family. 

























On Tuesday we went out finding and saw some really cool miracles. We contacted into this couple who turned out to be Christian. I started teaching the husband and my companion the wife. Anyway, this guy starts trying to argue with me and tells me how our church is wrong. He's like a foot away from my face just whipping out Bible scriptures and telling me we aren't Christians. It was so cool for me cuz I felt so filled with the spirit I didn't care at all to argue with him. I even felt love for him. I started testifying of the Restoration, the Book of Mormon, and priesthood authority, and then he asked, "So you're telling me all the people I have baptized as a minister in the last 30 years don't count?" I boldly and lovingly shared my testimony with him that we believe that ours is the only true church on the earth and the only church with the proper P. Authority to baptize. It was so cool! I felt so pumped up by the end of the contact.  He even accepted a Book of Mormon and said he would try and read it! 

We found a new investigator Brother Fang1! Super great kid with some good potential. Our investigator Wang2 JM is great. She initially met missionaries in Ban3Qiao4 like 3 months ago where I was serving. So I'm not sure if that was me and my companion or the other Elders. But super cool! She is progressing great but just struggles a little with Joseph Smith but slowly she is changing! She's obeying all the commandments. Pray for her.  

On Thursday we met a really cool guy outside the chapel. Stanley is an atheist and doesn't believe in God. We asked him some questions and found out he had been struggling. But we taught him about prayer and the power of Jesus Christ and His atonement giving each of us the ability transform our family, our lives etc. We had a really spiritual lesson with him and he felt the spirit and recognized it too! He told us whenever he ran into trials and problems in his marriage he would think of this night and apply what he learned. It was really cool!

Stanley with Elder Stewart and Elder Willes

Yesterday and today we were on an exchange with the Tou2 Fen4 Elders. We saw some really cool miracles. Got a referral and felt like we should visit a less active RM.  After 30 minutes of searching for his house we found it, he was there, and let us in! Had a great lesson with him. The last couple of days a mini typhoon came through Taiwan. 

On exchanges with Elder Merrell (18 yrs).  He is great.
This is my recent convert, Xiang4 Mu4 JM.  She is living in Japan and doing great!  She is preparing to take a bunch of family names to the temple in August or September.  These Sisters serving in Japan email me and do a great job taking care of Xiang4 Mu4 JM.  
 Scripture of the week Jacob 3:1-2. "But behold, I...would speak unto you that are pure in heart.  Look unto God with firmness of mind, and O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever."  Jacob 3:1-2  This scripture brought me a lot of comfort and direction this week.  

I love you all. You are all in my prayers and I can feel your prayers for me.  

The church is true and the book is blue! 
The book is true too :) 

Have a great week!

Elder Willes

No comments: