Wednesday, April 15, 2015

DON'T PULL OUT THOSE PHONES IN SACRAMENT MEETING!

TRANSFER 10 - WEEK 1

"Sometimes here in Taiwan, well actually a lot of the time, things can get physically but also spiritually exhausting. I am just soooo tired. But I loved all the talks from General Conference on love, fasting, charity, and service for OTHER people. They lift you up and keep you going.  When we really give our everything to Christ he will immensely bless our lives and give us that drive to keep going. He's that voice that through the spirit is telling you to open up the scriptures, get on your knees and pray, do 1 more push up, do your homework, 
do good things, and ENDURE to the end. Love that. 
Keep going and persevere in all righteous desires.  ...Endure to the end is wassup."   



Elder Tan, Elder Westover and Elder Willes


Hello from Taiwan,

I'm now on my 10th transfer. It is crazy how the time flies. I'm loving every minute of being a missionary. I love and miss everyone, but I really don't want to come home. I love it here. I love the people. I love the work. And I love the LORD. This week was a bitter sweet one as I said goodbye to my trainer Elder Westover. I can't really put it into words how much he has influenced my life. When I got on the island he taught me so much about obedience, patience, love, and following the spirit.




General Conference was awesome this week. Just incredible. (Members in Taiwan watch General Conference a week later). I had a lot of favorite talks. Two were on Saturday by Elder Oaks and Elder Perry. I loved how the focus this conference was on families. The hope for eternal families becomes a REALITY through Jesus Christ. Only through HIM can we receive that blessing God wants to give us. This general conference was so special. I took 10 questions for myself, others, investigators, etc., and received really cool answers to every one of my questions.  I love seeing so many members of the church gathered together.  It is inspiring.  We are such a minority out here.   



Sometimes here in Taiwan, well actually a lot of the time, things can get physically but also spiritually exhausting. I am just soooo tired. But I loved all the talks on love, fasting, charity, and service for OTHER people. They lift you up and keep you going.  When we really give our everything to Christ he will immensely bless our lives and give us that drive to keep going. He's that voice that through the spirit is telling you to open up the scriptures, get on your knees and pray, do 1 more push up, do your homework, do good things, and ENDURE to the end. Love that. Keep going and persevere in all righteous desires.  Christ is everything. I love Him so much. 

I love my comp Elder Tan. He is a hard worker and so loving. My pants ripped in a place that needed sewing immediately and he sewed them for me. We get along great and we see miracles daily and enjoy the work so much together. 

Elder Tan's mom sent us these Superman t-shirts

This week I learned a lot about charity. One thing that mom and dad have always taught me was to do things for the right reasons. If you don't do something with a happy heart why bother doing it at all? So this week as I've tried to just have charity in all things, the work has been so much smoother and interestingly this week has actually been a little harder. A lot of our investigators have dropped off. Xiao1 JM still is having doubts and questions. We are still working with her. Ding1 DX is doing better, but still smoking. And our investigator Wei Wei her parents oppose so bad that she can't meet with us anymore. 

Wei wei with the Elders from our apartment

We had a really sad experience yesterday, Sunday. We were out contacting and started talking to this 15 year old girl. All the sudden her uncle came out and just started yelling at her for talking to us and screamed at her to get in the house. We tried to talk things out with him and apologize but he wouldn't talk to us. It was kinda depressing. We just sat on the side of the road, sang a few hymns, said a prayer, and went back at it! Then we found all these potential families that said another day we could meet with them, but not today. But then, in a little alley we ran into a college student. We prayed for her to read the Book of Mormon and she still said she didn't feel anything. We then invited her to pray. She said a prayer and after she was all teary eyed and said she had a very special feeling she didn't know how to describe. I was really grateful that the Lord let her feel the spirit as SHE acted. As we act and give our souls spiritual food we will be nourished and have joy, peace, and comfort in all circumstances. 

We gave out 6 copies of the Book of Mormon this week and that was really cool! They switched the districts around so our district now is with the 2 elders in our apartment and 2 other elders. It should be tons of fun! I'm loving the work and don't want to be anywhere else. Endure to the end is wassup! One cool thing I realized this week is how priorities change on a mission. It's not because I've changed them, but Heavenly Father is HELPING me see what really matters in life. Don't pull out those phones in sacrament meeting! Love you all! 

Elder Willes

The Yu family.  They are great!
A bug flew into my eye during a lesson

We went to Taipei 101 for p-day.  That is the sickest building ever!






No comments: