Wednesday, April 8, 2015

BECAUSE HE LIVES


TRANSFER 9 - WEEK 6


After a LONG day.  It is getting HOT again here.  Sweating TONS.


Elder Willes and Howard.  He is an awesome member!


Aloha! (Just felt like putting something random right there!) Hope everyone has had a good week! I am so sorry about the Leishmans. I will be praying for them. This week was great here in Taiwan. Saw lots of miracles. 

Our investigator Ding1 DX is still struggling. We met with him on Monday and he just can't seem to give up smoking. I had the chance to give him a priesthood blessing and the spirit was so strong. The priesthood is such a special gift. As long as we are worthy and use it in righteousness and love we can use this special gift to bless the lives of others. I'm always reminded of when I broke my jaw and Dad, my uncles, and grandfathers all laid hands on my head and gave me a blessing. The spirit was so strong. I felt so comforted. So grateful Heavenly Father trusts and loves us enough to let us have this gift. Also, it gives us men an obligation and responsibility so we will live to a higher standard. Love it! 

In District Meeting this week we talked about the Book of Mormon. We did a cool little role play where I had everyone randomly flip to a scripture in the Book of Mormon and use that scripture in a role play. Everyone had really cool scriptures! I shared Helaman 5:9 ["...Remember that there is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, who shall come; yea remember that he cometh to redeem the world."] Super cool. We all need to rely on the Book of Mormon. I testify that when we seek God through the Book of Mormon He will lead and help us and give us answers to our questions in the Book of Mormon. I've seen it countless times. It's the truest book out there. One of my biggest regrets before the mission is not reading the Book of Mormon as much as I should have.

Our district 


Our board after district meeting.  We made a list of many of the things we can do
in missionary work and how we can use our time wisely.

We had a really cool experience this week meeting with a less active member. He was pretty hard-hearted. We met with him and at one point in the lesson after my companion testified of the Sabbath Day I said, " I know what my companion says is true." This man just started laughing and said, "Why do you missionaries always say that phrase? You don't need to say it." I'm not even kidding, the Spirit just like filled my mind and mouth instantly and I thought of this really cool example I could share with him. I started telling him about how EVERY time Heavenly Father has introduced His son Jesus Christ whether to prophets, at Christ's baptism, to the Nephites, and to Joseph Smith, He says, "This is my Beloved Son. (In whom I am well pleased/ Hear Him) EVERY time. Because Heavenly Father loves His son Jesus Christ so much He wants others to hear Him.  He is pleased with Him and they share common purpose. They stand together.  After I told him this I told him I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I love my companion too.  We stand together.  We share common purpose and I testify that what he had said is true." SO COOL! He didn't say anything! We walked out of his house so pumped and just filled with the spirit.  So so cool! 

Also I got a call this week from my recent convert Xiang4 Mu4 JM! She's in Japan and doing well! Super cool to hear her. She's going to church every week and preparing to go to the temple. Super cool. Also my investigator Ian from Zhong1 Li4 got baptized on Saturday and Lai4 JM my other recent convert, her son Hao4Wei3 was baptized too! So sick! Also Elder Jensen got called to be a trainer so I will be a grandfather now :) ya! 

Ian with Elder Jensen in Zhongli

Lai4 JM's (a recent convert in Zhongli) son Hao4 Wei3

Some cool things this week. We felt prompted to invite this member to share her testimony about baptism at Sacrament meeting for Xiao1 JM. And we also felt like we should invite Yu2 JM (the mom in our recent convert family) to share her testimony. Super awesome. They both did an awesome job. The spirit in Sacrament meeting yesterday was so strong! Xiao1 JM loved it. She's progressing well! Keep her in your prayers please. She's just struggling with not feeling ready and with her health issues. 

Xiao1 JM with Elder Tan and Elder Willes


We found another investigator, a lady on the street, Li3 JM. She's from Indonesia. She came to church! It was awesome. She loved it. We also have another investigator, Mr Lin who is our recent convert's, Lin2 Di4 Xiong1, twin. They look so alike. Mr Lin came to church too. It was awesome. Our recent convert, Lin2 Dx was just leading him around the chapel! 

Super great week! I am SO pumped to hear General Conference.  Love being a missionary. Alma 26 is my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon. Just explains how I feel.  Go read it. Love you all! Sorry this thing is long. 3 Nephi 15:9 "...Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life."  Just look to Christ. He is everything. He LIVES  helives.mormon.org

#becausehelives

Tang2 DX took us to lunch

Home after a long day.  Lots of rain. Lots of humidity. Lots of sweat.  It's getting hot.
Elder Willes

Mamoo and Boppy thank you for the package!

No comments: