Sunday, December 6, 2015

Go PRO

"...I saw an older man out in the distance and felt so prompted and impressed to go and talk with him, so I walked over and started talking to Brother Zeng1. He is a 72 year old Christian man who converted to Christianity when he was 50. He was super willing to allow us to share the Restoration with him. We met with him 4 times this week and he came to all 3 hours of church on Sunday! We bought Brother Zeng1 an alarm clock so he could wake up and make it to church on Sunday. It is a super big miracle! He's older, has bad eyes, and doesn't have teeth, 
but he does have a desire to follow Jesus Christ and return to Heavenly Father."




Beautiful LuoDong



Hello from Taiwan!

This week was a great one! One of the coolest things that happened this week was Elder Stevenson from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and spoke to our mission! Finally, after almost 2 years of being a full-time missionary, I got to see in person and hear from an apostle of the Lord. So cool! 

The guy is incredible and taught me so many things. One was to help our investigators go PRO. Pray, Read, and Obey. So cool. Also he talked about how the motivation for companionship unity should be for the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Elder Stevenson encouraged us to be in a tripanionship with the Holy Ghost. He praised President Jergensen and told us multiple times how lucky we are to have him as our mission president. Super cool. I took so many notes. It was so powerful to be in his presence. Apparently they moved into our Bountiful neighborhood a couple of years ago. When I shook their hands and told them I was from Bountiful Sister Stevenson asked if we knew each other? I told her no but that I think we live in the same neighborhood. Super cool! 

The most profound thing for me that Elder Stevenson said was simply when he bore his testimony. He bore such a powerful witness of our Savior Jesus Christ and of the restoration of the Gospel. I will always remember how powerful the spirit was in that room was when he said, "I know without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that this is His church on the earth." I wish you all could have been there. We all sang, "The Spirit of God" to close the meeting. I am so super grateful that Christ's church has a foundation built upon Prophets and Apostles. 

This week we saw incredible miracles. Our investigator Grace is progressing well. Still unable to come to church but she for sure will come this Sunday! Grace was hit by a motorcycle on the street and cut up her lip. It happened to be that we saw her for an appointment right after all this happened. We prayed for her and the spirit calmed her and she will be ok! This week as I was biking, I also got hit by a taxi. We both walked away fine! No worries here. :)

Our investigator Grace. She has read through 2 Nephi 2!


We were out finding this week and as we were talking to this guy I saw an older man out in the distance and felt so prompted and impressed to go and talk with him so I walked over and started talking to Brother Zeng1. He is a 72 year old Christian man who converted to Christianity when he was 50. He was super willing to allow us to share the Restoration with him. We met with him 4 times this week and he came to all 3 hours of church on Sunday! We bought him an alarm clock so he could wake up and make it to church on Sunday. It is a super big miracle! He's older, has bad eyes, and doesn't have teeth, but he does have a desire to follow Jesus Christ and return to Heavenly Father. We are pumped and excited for him. He has set a baptismal date for the end of December! One day after cleaning his house for him and sharing a message he hugged us and said, "Jesus loves you and I do too." Brother Zeng1 is the sweetest old guy in the world! 

The first night we met Brother Zeng1

Elder Willes, Brother Zeng1 and Elder Seamons 

Another cool thing happened this week during our planning session. Elder Seamons called a random potential investigator and he set up to meet with him 30 minutes later. Robert, had just been laid off from his job, his girlfriend had broken up with him, and he was miserable; drinking and smoking to comfort himself. We met with him and shared a message of hope through Jesus Christ and the Atonement. It was so powerful! He came to church as well! Mom, the former RSP that we found from the LA blitz, also came to church and she brought her 9 year old nephew with her as well! Our investigator Jimmy came to church too! 

For Thanksgiving I treated our apartment to some yummy hot pot. So so delicious. Incredible. In addition to the amazing all-you-can-eat hot pot, I also ate some fish jawbone and frog. Super weird and not my favorite. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have so much to be grateful for.








As we were biking this week I saw this lady walking in the opposite direction and I felt like I needed to turn around and talk to her. We taught her a full lesson and Nora became another one of our new investigators! So so cool. I will miss times like these being an instrument in the Lord's hands. Everyday is a day to bless others and help them feel God's love. Nothing is more satisfying than this. Love you all! Have a great week! The weather here in Taiwan is spectacular by the way. :)

Elder Willes


This is a really Brother Chen2, a really cool guy we met on the street. When we prayed for him he said he couldn't describe his feelings except that he felt super warm. 

Gave this sweet lady a Book of Mormon



One last thing. My recent convert, Chen JM, came with her friends and treated us to a fun p-day last week. We biked around this lake. It was super fun.






Who knew that Willes's had ups?


Do you remember my dogs and cats at church story?



No comments: