Tuesday, September 16, 2014

IT IS SO TOUCHING SEEING MEMBERS OUT ON THE STREET PROCLAIMING THE GOSPEL


TRANSFER 5 - WEEK 1
Ben whispered to me in sacrament meeting, "Can I come to church every week? I love church!"
Elder Willes outside a large Buddhist Temple in Taiwan
Dear Friends and Family,
This week was a great one! We saw so many miracles I don't even know where to start. We had 23 lessons this week, but the best part was we found 5 new investigators! So great. We met this guy at a stoplight and I asked him to pull over and he did! Turns out he was baptized in another Christian church last week! But he really wants to keep coming unto Christ so we had a lesson with him and shared the Book of Mormon and he came to church yesterday and absolutely loved it. He is coming with us to FHE tonight as well. I am a little worried when we bring up [the principle of baptism by immersion] but we are just going to trust God! His name is Zheng4Di4Xiong1.

We also met another really cool investigator, Alyssa. We went finding by a park and she was the first person we talked to. She was really cool and we had a great lesson with her. She is really busy with work because she works at the airport, but after she tried praying she said she felt hope for her future as well as "that her dreams can come true." It was really cool! Also we met Xu2 Di4 Xiong1.  He is an 18 yr old and he had left the house to walk his dog because he got in a fight with his mom and was really sad. We shared with him the restoration and baptism and his expression changed so quickly. He set a baptismal date for November. He's really busy starting college, but we hope to meet with him this next week!

Also Huang2 Di4 Xiong1-Andy passed his interview and came to church again so he is set to get baptized this coming Friday! So awesome. He asked Elder Nelson to baptize him so we are both really excited to see him in the water :) He is so great! I will send pictures next week! Also Joy and Betty are kinda struggling with the Word of Wisdom. We met with Betty and I felt like I should ask her where she buys her coffee?  She told me that it was in the same mall we were meeting her at (Starbucks). So I was like, "OK. Lets go to the coffee place and tell them that we don't want to drink coffee anymore." She loved it! We went with her and she told them because of her religion she didn't want to drink coffee anymore. We then asked to see a menu and the owner showed us a ton of other good drinks that didn't have tea and coffee in them that she could try. I think she will have more faith to zun1 shou3 obey! It was really cool. 



Cool random things: I saw a guy with BYU shorts. I was like NO WAY.  I sped after him on my bike and starting talking to him and his friends. He has a friend in Los Angeles who is LDS and bought him those shorts. We gave him a Book of Mormon. Super cool. 
Elder Nelson putting a better and more sturdy kick-stand on Elder Willes' bike
Our member David who is really cool just got his mission call to San Francisco! Super cool! We also went on exchanges this week. I went with the ward mission leader and we met these 3 kids all were like 17ish and we had a lesson with them. In the end they all wanted to pray. So there were 5 prayers during the lesson. It was awesome. It is so touching seeing members out on the street proclaiming the gospel.  

Also here in Taiwan the fruit is SO good. Bai3xiang1guo3 passion fruit is soooo good and these tiny thick bananas that are really good. 


Eating some really expensive American food last p-day
Our ward also had a ward dinner party and last minute they asked me to speak at it. It was cool! I shared my thoughts and testimony on Alma 36:24-26.
["Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.  Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors;  For because of the word which he has imparted unto me, behold, many have been born of God, and have tasted as I have tasted, and have seen eye to eye as I have seen; therefore they do know of these things of which I have spoken, as I do know; and the knowledge which I have is of God."]
Also a sister missionary who was speaking in sacrament meeting shared Alma 26:2-4 and I read it and it hit me deep.
["And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us?  Can ye tell?  Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God!  And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.  Behold, thousands of them do rejoice, and have been brought into the fold of God."]  
Such a great blessing it is to serve a mission. So many blessings Heavenly Father gives us.
Every 6 weeks at English class we have a party.  Here we are doing a 1 Nephi 1-4 skit.  Hilariously Fun!
At church we had 3 LAs come and 4 investigators!!  Zheng4 Di4 Xiong1, Ace (who had some sick leather shoes), Ben Jian3 Di4 Xiong, and Andy! We saw so many miracles.  Ben whispered to me in sacrament meeting, "Can I come to church every week? I love church!" I told him of course! haha We met him the same time we met Ace. Super cool. Too many miracles.  Also I learned while studying this week that Joseph Smith's grandfather predicted that someone in his posterity would have big religious influence. So cool. I know this is the only true and living church on the earth. 

Elder Willes and Elder Nelson - together another transfer
Love,

Elder Willes

No comments: