Monday, May 4, 2015

SUNDAY WAS A FUN DAY!

TRANSFER 10 - WEEK 3

"The work is awesome. Thanks to everyone for your prayers. We can feel them! The Lord is with us. 
Funnest 2 years of my life. I feel a lot happier now for some reason. That's just what service does to you. 
Go out and serve!"

An RM from the Philippines.  I translated for him at church.

Tired...after a long day

They had a deal.  Buy one get one free.  Delicious!

At church...from R to L
Amy our investigator, Ding 1 DX, Lin2 DX our recent convert and Li3 Yoa4 Ming2 a member

My EQP from Xin1 Zhu2 my first area.  He came to our ward.  He said Habip, Chen YaYi, Hong2 DX and 13 year old Zhou1 Chang2 En1 are all doing awesome.  Great news!


This week was great! We had an awesome training with Elder Gong from the Area Seventy. It was really cool.  Elder Gong  got all the district and zone leaders together for a big meeting and asked us to share one thing we feel like we are doing well in our districts. I shared how everyone in our district prays for all investigators in the district and he loved that idea and encouraged everyone to try that. It was really cool. The spirit was so strong in that training. He said something that has really stuck with me. "The Savior came to pay a debt He didn't owe, because WE all have a debt we can't pay." I liked that a lot. The Atonement of Jesus Christ has great power! 

Finding was a little hard this week. We had lots of people set up and then stand us up. We went finding on the street a lot and didn't see very much success. But we kept working and working and working and it all payed off in the end. 

We had a less active cancel on us at the last minute. We were bummed out.  We started finding again and we didn't really know where we should go. We were kinda just roaming around and we both see this guy.  We both felt like we should talk to him but for some reason we both kept biking on. About 5 minutes later we turned into a little alley and there was "the guy" again! We started talking to him and he is so cool! Most humble guy ever. He has a cool tattoo of a shark but the best part was seeing how much he loved the Book of Mormon. We gave him the book and he was so happy! He prayed for us and the spirit was so strong. He's in the army and pretty busy but we hope to meet with him again someday!

Elder Tan, Xu2 DX and Elder Willes


Our investigator Xiao1 JM is awesome. She finally set a baptismal date for 5/16/15 two days after her birthday. She's still scared and hesitant but we feel like she will make that date. We invited her to read Mosiah 2-4 and take note of the change of heart the people had.  Xiao JM really liked these scriptures and set her baptismal date over the phone! She comes to church every week and she is awesome. 

"I've had the great privilege of skyping with William's investigator Xiao JM.  What an awesome experience.  This is a screen shot of one of our conversations." - Marianne


The Zhou1 Family is INCREDIBLE. I've never seen such a golden family my whole mission. The wife and husband set baptismal dates for 6/20/15 and came to church for all 3 hours. Their 17 yr old has a difficult tug-of-war personal situation. He really likes Buddhism and feels like it has helped him a ton so he's not willing to pray or set a baptismal date. His name is Li4 Bo2 and he came to church with his parents for the first time. Before sacrament meeting I put my arm around him and told him to just focus on his feelings. I related my own experience and fears of when I first got to Taiwan and everything was new---the culture, food, language, etc., I told Li4 Bo2 to try and focus on how he felt at church.  When we concentrate on what matters most we will feel the spirit guiding and helping us. He ended up loving church.  It was so boss! 

I've never seen this my entire mission but we had 8 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH. Li3 JM (the girl from Indonesia),  Lin2 Li3 Jun4 (the eternal investigator whose parents oppose), Ding1 DX, Amy, the Zhou1 Family (all 3 of them)  and Xiao JM. It was such a cool moment seeing them at church. As the sacrament was being administered I could feel Christ's love for all these people. It was so special. A day I will remember for a long long time.

Most of our investigators at church.  The Zhou1 Family is on the right.


Also, my boy Tang2 DX, a less active we have been helping, spoke in sacrament meeting. He gave a great talk on applying faith. So cool! Love that guy. 

The work is awesome. Thanks to everyone for your prayers. We can feel them! The Lord is with us. Funnest 2 years of my life. I feel a lot happier now for some reason. That's just what service does to you. Go out and serve! Love and miss you all!

Elder Willes


P-day



No comments: