Sunday, May 24, 2015

I ATE A HUGE FISH EYEBALL LAST NIGHT

TRANSFER 10 - WEEK 6

"Seeing Xiao1 JM filled with the spirit and seeing her light was indescribable. Talking about the process of her coming unto Christ almost seems too miraculous and sacred and spiritual to put into words but I will say this: I know that God led us to her. He had been preparing her and Jesus Christ has been there with her every step of the way lifting her and strengthening her. Truly has been on her left hand and right hand D&C 84:88 and helped her become a BOSS disciple of Christ."


Wow what a week here in Taiwan. I ate a huge fish eyeball last night. It actually wasn't too bad haha. 



Happy 20th Birthday Elder Willes!

This has been such a cool week.  We went to the temple and like always it was super peaceful! Just can't get enough of that place. We also had interviews this week and in my interview with President Day he told me he wanted me to be his new assistant. So I take over being an AP today. I'm already packed up and will be moving to "the Bu" (headquarters) this afternoon. It was honestly such a spiritual experience for me. President Day said the Holy Ghost had confirmed to him that I was fit for the job. It was overwhelming. I'm super excited, but also nervous.


This picture came to us from a family in our stake who was visiting Taiwan.  Their older son (a friend of Nate's) will be going to Taiwan, Taipei, on his mission this summer.  A small world.  Thank you Slatter Family!

Elder Nelson, Leon and Elder Willes

My new companion is Elder Stewart and we came to Taiwan at the same time and are super good friends so I'm super excited to work with him. I don't really know much about what I will be doing but I'm so humbled at the cool service opportunity I will be having. I do know that this week we will go to the airport to pick up the new arriving missionaries. Also, we will be the AP's welcoming the new mission president this coming July. That will be super exciting. I gotta get my Taiwanese driver's license in the next few days because we drive the mission van! 

Sister Day gave us all a little sticker to put on the back of our name tags. It's a frog. Fully Rely On God. So that's what I will be doing as I go about this next chapter of my mission. It has been the funnest 12 weeks ever with Elder Tan. He is such a hard worker. 

Elder Tan and Elder Willes

We saw so many miracles together and now we are lifelong buddies! We ended on a bang together because our investigator Xiao1 JM was BAPTIZED on Saturday! 


Xiao1 JM and all the Elders living in William's apartment.  They are all in the same district together.

Xiao1 JM and her friends in the ward

A special ward supporting Xiao1 JM at her baptism

The program from the baptism



It was such a spiritual baptism. Had a great turnout from the ward and it was such a miracle. It was her first time at church when she didn't have a seizure. It was so cool :) Us missionaries sang a musical #. Her favorite song: Amazing Grace. It was so cool! So spiritual. 

The problem at the baptism was that the water stopped filling up because the church had ran out of water! So the font was super low. So when I dunked her I was practically buried in the water as well. But it went smoothly and first time is a charm! She bore a great testimony after. She shared 1 Nephi 16:29 small things can bring about great things :). Such a spiritual day. Seeing Xiao1 JM filled with the spirit and seeing her light was indescribable. Talking about the process of her coming unto Christ almost seems too miraculous and sacred and spiritual to put into words but I will say this: I know that God led us to her. He had been preparing her and Jesus Christ has been there with her every step of the way lifting her and strengthening her. Truly has been on her left hand and right hand D&C 84:88 and helped her become a BOSS disciple of Christ. 

In Sunday School after she received the Holy Ghost she was asked to say the closing prayer. She just told everyone she felt like everyone should say their own personal prayer so the class of 15 just bowed their heads and said personal prayers. It was really cool! 

After Xiao JM's confirmation



The Xin1 Ban3 ward is very special. I love all the people here so so so much. If I didn't believe that God needed me to leave I would be crushed leaving them. The ward asked me to share my testimony and after church they threw a little going away party for me and gave me a cake for my birthday. It was so cool! The work is true. It gives me chills thinking about the other 88,000+ missionaries out there doing the same thing that I am. 

Love you all and have a wonderful week :) Sounds like you all had a great time in California :) Thank you for the update on Grandma and on Grandma Bingham.  I am praying for them.  Tell Grandma I love her.  

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Nothing better than serving Christ on your b-day! 


[Thank you, thank you to the beautiful people of the Xin1 Ban3 Ward for throwing a birthday celebration and a goodbye party for our William. He loves the people of Taiwan and so do we. - Marianne]   







Elder Tan and Willes with Nicole a recent convert

Xu2 DX a recent convert - Stud!!


Xu2 JM is our GOLDEN investigator.  She is going to get baptized the end of June.





At a member's house last night.  I love these people!


The church on a billboard at the train station




Elder Willes

No comments: