Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I'M THE HAPPIEST I'VE EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE

TRANSFER 7 - WEEK 1

"I told Elder Jensen this week that I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. Love this work!"

A tired but happy Elder Willes


Dear Friends and Family,

I'm happy to report that this week went great! Elder Jensen and I worked our tails off and we saw so many miracles. We are dead tired today but we are happy with the work last week and look forward to a new week. We had 24 lessons this week and I think that is the most I've had (in one week) on my mission. That was pretty cool! We saw a lot of great progression in our investigators. 

Ward missionaries - The man on my right is the Ward Mission Leader.  I've decided he is my Taiwanese dad.  Man I love him.  I give him a hug every time I see him.

Contacting at a little concert

Chen2 Jie3 Mei4 is great. She is trying to quit smoking right now. We shared the Word of Wisdom and she was really accepting of it. She gave up coffee and tea right on the spot. She has smoked for 20 years and doesn't have a ton of faith she can quit, but we know she can do it! We are watching her faith building and she is awesome. We hope to meet with her 3 or 4 times this next week to help her be able to overcome this habit!

Another miracle is Lai4 Jie3 Mei4. She is a 40+ year old mom that is so nice. One of the kindest people I've met here. We met her a month ago and she is now finally starting to progress. She came to church with her son and loved it. This morning she actually called us because she lives at the apartment place next to us and said, "Come outside!! I have something for you!" We went down and she gave us TONS of bread, fruit, drinks, etc. Haha she is so nice! She has a baptismal date for the end of December. We really hope we can meet with her more to help her accomplish this goal! We also had an investigator Huang2 Jie3 Mei4 come to church. We met her a month ago and she came to church and loved it! We should be meeting with her this next week.

Cool thing: This week for English class I learned how to do the cup game! You know that song? Hilarious. Anyway we found some new investigators we are excited to work with. 

Pinatas for our English class party.  The kids loved it!

The biggest miracle this week actually happened in Xin1 Zhu2 my last area. It was Elder Marchant and I's 4th of July miracle.

Elder Willes with Zhong1 Di4 Xiong1

On the 4th of July Elder Marchant and I found a miracle -- Zhong1 Di4 Xiong1. He is super great and I found out this week he finally made the decision to be baptized. I asked President Day for permission to go and he gave us permission! So we went to Xin1 Zhu2 on Saturday night and when Zhong1 Di4 Xiong1 saw me he was so happy! Gave him a big old hug! The baptism was so wonderful. I was asked to introduce him and bear a testimony and the spirit was so strong there. AHHH so special I can't even describe it :) After he got dunked I was there again for a big old wet hug :) He bore an awesome testimony about how since high school he has wondered what we (missionaries) were doing here in Taiwan and how when Elder Marchant and I met him he had really strong feelings to give our church a try. Such a humble guy and what is cool is his boss at work is actually a member of the Church. Perfect! He's such a stud! Love this work. We need to always work our hardest because we never know when people are prepared for the gospel! Seeds are being planted and the light of Christ dots the earth. 

The crew at the baptism

I've been reading in Jesus the Christ and that book is changing my life. I love learning about Jesus Christ and how He loves everyone so much. Cool scripture for the week is in 3 Nephi 9:14. He is ready to receive everyone who is willing to seek Him. When we seek Him we Will find Him and then we can follow Him. I know He lives! 

Everyone go spread some Christmas cheer and make someone's day :) Thank you everyone for your prayers for me and for and all the missionaries throughout the world. I told Elder Jensen this week that right now I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. Love this work! Counting my many blessings. 

Elder Willes and Elder Jensen out with Sean doing missionary work again!  He is a boss!

Shout out to the fam back home. Best parents and little brothers in the world. So blessed and I can feel your love every day. Have a good week everyone. Love you all!

Elder Willes


No comments: