Monday, July 28, 2014

A TYPHOON CAME THROUGH THIS WEEK

"I've grown to love the people here in Xin1 Zhu2 so much.  It's crazy!  When I found out I was being transferred 
I was devastated.  But, I have comfort in knowing that this is what the Lord needs me to do.  Now I am excited!"

This is our first counselor in the bishopric.  His 8 year daughter gets baptized in 2 weeks.  They are an awesome family.

Transfer 3, Week 6

Well this week, not going to lie, was a rough one. First off, I'm transferring in 3 days. I've already started packing haha because I don't want to push it all to the last night. It is super bitter sweet. My companion Elder Marchant and I have had a lot of fun together. We were shocked when we found out he would be training and I would be transferring after only 1 transfer together. I love the members here so much. They've taught me so much and this ward is really special. Even though it's my first ward and area I know that this is a special one! It is also hard leaving our investigators but I know that this is the Lord's will.
After one of the many rainstorms a great rainbow.

This week a typhoon came through. And since Xin1 Zhu2 is the windy city the wind was howling for 2 days. The doors inside our apartment were shaking. It was raining really, really hard. We still went out and did missionary work. Every one of our investigators this week didn't answer their phone, were busy, etc. (I'm not exaggerating) so we went finding all week long. Finding can be really hard out here sometimes because a lot people won't give you the time of day. But the Lord will always prepare at least one soul for us to talk to. We were able to find 5 new investigators this week which was great. We are hoping they will be able to progress and come unto Christ.

Xiao1 Di4 Xiong1
He helps us with lessons all of the time.  One of the most Christ-like guys out there!
Xiao1 Di4 Xiong1 again next to Elder Marchant.  "Elder Marchant and I went on splits with these two members this week.  It was really cool seeing them preach the gospel and talking to random people on the street.  They were nervous but did great and loved it!"
There really isn't any updates on most of our other investigators. We had one of our new investigators come to church and then he told us where he lived and he lives in the other ward. He's really cool though! The sisters this week gave us 2 of their investigators because they don't know how to help them. One is a 17 year old boy named Wang2 Ming2 Qin1. And the other is a 13 year old kid Ou1 Chen2 Bo2 Yan4 (he came to church). Their situations are exactly the same as Zhou1 Chang2 Ding3. Their parents won't sign the paper and let them be baptized. It's hard not to get frustrated because we know the blessing the parents are keeping their kids from. We know what the blessings of baptism will bring and it's hard seeing these kids' faith become weaker because their parents won't let them get baptized. So, we hope we can work with them all and get their faith to increase so their parents see a change and allow them to get baptized.

The You2 family have cared for Habib and his wife so much.  They are great!
Habib's wife, Chen2 ya3 yi4, should be getting baptized this week! The sisters have been working with her, but we have also been working with her and Habib once a week! She is so great. It's been really cool seeing her change and become firm in the faith. I remember when she called us about a month and a half ago and told us that she was praying that she would receive personal revelation that our message was true. Then she flipped open her Book of Mormon and came across Mosiah Chapter 3 about Jesus Christ. And then all the sudden it hit her that this was her answer. It was so cool!  We still don't know what day she will be getting baptized, but I hope it's tomorrow or Wednesday so I can be able to be there!  We also think Habib [a recent convert] is going to be able to baptize her which will be awesome!  And then our investigator Huang2 Cheng2 Wei2 should be getting baptized this coming Saturday.  I've been praying so hard for him. His faith is so strong, but that environment in the army isn't an easy one to overcome smoking.  I'm just hoping next p-day I get an email from Elder Marchant telling me he has been baptized.  :) I feel good about it!

 The You2 Family and Habib and Chen2 ya3 yi4
shang4 xiang4 photogenic picture!
I've grown to love the people here in Xin1 Zhu2 so much. It's crazy!  When I found out I was being transferred I was devastated.  But, I have comfort in knowing that this is what the Lord needs me to do.  Now I am excited!  New place, new scenery, etc. On Sunday the bishopric member told me we are going to give you 5 minutes to share a goodbye testimony in sacrament meeting. It was cool! I just was filled with gratitude for everything all the members there have taught me. I shared Ether 12:27 about how we can be made strong. Being a member here in Taiwan isn't easy. Most people here are the only member in their family, have bad work environments, some work on Sunday, but the members here are so strong in the faith. Their testimonies are great. Every Sunday in sacrament meeting the members LOVE to give long talks haha.  Almost every week the Bishop will have to quick slip them a little note while they are talking and tell them the time constraints and that they need to end their talk soon. They love talking about the gospel here.

This guy takes care of the whole world pretty much!  Liu2 Hu4 Zhang3
Some of the awesome youth here.  On the left he is 13, on the right he is 12 and the one in the middle, Jerry, is 17, and the only member in his family.  He plans to go on a mission and is a great help to the missionaries.
I'm excited for a my new area. I hope I go somewhere in Taipei or on the east coast where it is really pretty.  We will see! This morning during personal study I came across a cool scripture in 2 Nephi 9:52. Praying morning and night will let our hearts rejoice. If you aren't praying every morning and night then do it! 

Chao1 Ji2 Hao3 pizza!  
A look at what I eat almost every day.  You've got the standard meat, some veggies and RICE.

It's cool thinking about my cousins Lundy, Megan, and Haley out serving with me along with all my friends. We are all on the Lord's team. Loving my mission. Have a great week everyone!


No comments: