Monday, June 2, 2014

DUNKED!

Habip was baptized!!!

Another amazing week here in Taiwan. The baptism happened. It was so wonderful. The picture: Habip is right next to me and Habip's wife is next to him. The guy next to her is our member who performed the ordinance. They've built a great relationship and made Habip feel right at home. The baptism was so special. I said the opening prayer and then introduced Habip from the pulpit. I spoke in Chinese and then Elder Westover translated into English for Habip. Really cool. Seeing him go under the water was picture perfect. Elder Westover and I didn't care we were going to get soaked when he came out of that font so we gave him the biggest bear hug ever. It was so incredible. Habip said he felt like he was flying. Then this cute little girl did a violin solo. So, so cute. We then had a member give a talk and it was super funny because he did his talk in English for Habip and Elder Westover was at the pulpit translating the talk into Chinese for the congregation. Haha super funny just because it was switched from language to language. Habip bore such a sweet testimony. He is so strong in the faith. 2 weeks with no smoking and doing great. We are going to show him the website Mamoo and Boppy sent to me to keep helping him. 

After, Habip was just bawling. He just said he was so happy. It was so incredible. The spirit was so strong, and I wish you all could have seen it. His confirmation on Sunday was just as good. Another member confirmed him.  Our member typed up the blessing in English so Habip could understand it. The spirit was so strong. I can't believe how blessed I am to be in Taiwan serving the Lord and second baptizing a TURKISH man IN Taiwan?? Haha so crazy, but so incredible. This church can bless anyone!
 
Apart from that, this week nothing crazy happened. No other investigators at church. Still working hard with 
Shi2 Di4 Xiong1 and Huang2 Di4 Xiong1. We had to drop Sui2 Jie3 Mei4. So sad. It's OK she will get baptized one day.
 
This week we went on splits. Elder Nasman came to xin1zhu2 with me.  He is from Finland. Crazy huh? It was really good. We had 6 other lessons which was really cool!
 
Haven't started Phase 2 in language! They haven't sent it to me yet but I should be getting it pretty soon I hope.
 
So blessed to have Elder Westover! I know I say that so often but he has helped me so much. He is so obedient and firm in the faith. We only have 3 weeks left together and we are going to make the most of it. We hope to have a few more baptisms together so please pray for Shi2 Di4Xiong1 and Huang2 Di4Xiong. They both are struggling with WoW [Word of Wisdom] but both have great desires and faith. They are our only progressing investigators right now.
 
We met a mom too! She said we could come back and teach her and her kids. Her husband has no interest but she seems great. We sang for her and the spirit was definitely there. 

Today for P-Day we went to the dragon boat festival. Super cool! All these dragon boat races. Really incredible and super fun! I will send a picture.
 
The Dragon Boat Festival
It was super cool and there were so many people there.

Zhou1 Chang2 En1 wore a white shirt on Sunday! He looked super shuai (good).
 
Lastly, I have really been working on prayers. In Preach My Gospel, President Hinckley gives a quote of how when we pray we shouldn't just order groceries and then be done. We have to intently pray. That's what I've been focusing on. It's helped me feel the spirit more abundantly. A mission is super hard...getting rejected all day.  But it is so rewarding as it was seeing Habip enter into the waters of baptism. I love this work. Nate and Jake have an awesome summer :) You two deserve it! Mom and Dad love you both so much! Megan good luck! Have a great week everyone!
 
Elder Willes

No comments: